Wherever you go, I'll go there too. Here and there and everywhere, and always with you. ~Sandra Boynton

Thursday, August 11, 2011

If I could keep you little...

I'd keep you close to me. But then I'd miss you growing into who you're meant to be! (Such a cute book, by the way.)

So because I forgot a few things about Katelyn in the last post, and because she said 3 new words tonight, and because she's just growing up so darn fast, here's some more updates on our little one. (No pictures this time. My card is full and I'm OCD about having them properly backed up before I clear it.)

I can't believe I forgot to say that last Saturday she tee tee'd on the potty for the first time!! This was also the same day that we finally removed her bumper pad from her crib. It probably wasn't really necessary, because it was so flattened out all the way around since she uses it as a pillow. But she keeps hiking that little foot up to the top of the crib rail, so if she were to fall while trying to climb out, I didn't want any extra guilt! I'm not ready for that toddler bed transition quite yet either, so it seemed like the logical next step.

This same weekend, I went shopping for some "back to school" clothes for both of them. At some point I realized I was shopping in the wrong departments. I no longer have an infant and a toddler. I have a toddler and a kid. I bought Katelyn something that was 24 months (pretty much the same as a 2T, but still in the infant section!) and a 4T pair of shorts for Collin just for old times sake. Thankfully they fit!

Oh yeah, and 3 words in one night. Clear as can be. Brother, diaper, hat. So proud. (Edit: and one more this morning-eye). (At what point do you stop counting? It's getting hard to keep up. I guess now it's okay to just say she's talking. I'll update again when she puts words together or asks questions or whatever it is that she decides to do next!) It's interesting now how she is starting to use her words to really communicate instead of just naming objects. For example, last night, she brought me a soaking wet hairbow. Me: "Why is your hairbow wet?" K: "woof woof". Okay, got it. And this morning: Me: "Kate do you want to put those shoes on?" K: "No no no no no. Uh uh". (while she dramatically shook her head).

And of course the growing up never stops. Collin went to a pre-K classroom this week. He's still at the daycare this month, since his school hasn't started, so he got to stay with his teacher and move up to their private pre-K. He still only goes on Wednesdays when I'm at work. But now, instead of waking up in the morning saying he doesn't want to go to school, he counts down the days until it's Wednesday again. I owe a little bit of that change to him just growing up and being ready to go to school. But even more so to the wonderful teacher he's had for the past year who helped him to LOVE and look forward to school.

If I could keep you little...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers