Wherever you go, I'll go there too. Here and there and everywhere, and always with you. ~Sandra Boynton

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Wedding/Cruise Slideshow

Wow, did I take a lot of pictures on our cruise!  Mike's sister Joy and her fiance Virgil were married on board the Carnival Fascination before it left port in Jacksonville.  Collin was the ring bearer and Katelyn was the flower girl.  We were lucky enough to be able to cruise with them after the wedding.  Here is a slideshow of most of the festivities including our yummy dinner the night before the cruise, wedding day on the ship, and some of the fun we had while on the ship.  I will be posting some more pictures/video of the actual cruise since I didn't carry my camera around and I have a lot on my phone.  

A lot of people have been asking me what it was like and if I would recommend taking a 5 and 2 year old on a cruise.  While my answer may be different than Mike's, it was actually better than I expected.  The room wasn't as cramped as I expected it to be with 4 people and no one got sick!!  Also, the kids were so exhausted every night, that bedtime wasn't an issue (I was worried about this since Katelyn falls asleep by herself in her room and we would be in the room with her.  The first night, she fell asleep when Collin was still hyped up and playing around in the hotel room!)  We will cruise again with the kids, but I would recommend holding off on taking a 2 year old.  She isn't potty trained, so she wasn't allowed in the pool or on the slides.  She also wasn't up for staying up too late at Camp Carnival.  They both did great the first two nights, but then they were done so the "grown up dinner" as we called it didn't work out the whole time.  I would also recommend a bigger ship with a bigger pool (the pool was tiny and was the only place on the ship that ever felt crowded).  So while we didn't get a lot of adult time, it was still a fun family vacation and would probably be great once the kids are old enough to really enjoy all of the kids activities available.  Any suggestions/experiences on cruising with kids are appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers