Wherever you go, I'll go there too. Here and there and everywhere, and always with you. ~Sandra Boynton

Saturday, June 26, 2010

7 Months and New Tricks

I feel like I just wrote a 6 month post, and here we are...7 months. Why does that sound so much older than 6?? Maybe because it's over halfway to having a 1 year old. Yikes!

Katelyn is getting so BIG! She's in 9 and 12 month clothes now and weighs over 17 lbs. She is quickly catching up to many of her 12 and 15 month old friends!

Here she is being cute as ever...

7 months has brought some new tricks as well. In addition to sitting (which she is now doing without support for 5-10 minutes...yay!) and playing with toys at the same time, Katelyn has been spending a lot of floor time like this...

And lots of time playing her new favorite game...


And then there's this...

Okay, come on, she's only 7 months. Of course mommy stacked the blocks. But she loves to knock them down! And it was a pretty appropriate picture considering the onesie she was wearing.

Happy 7 months Kate Kate! We love you more every day!

Big brother Collin has a trick of his own as well. We had arts and crafts day yesterday. He painted some magnets, decorated paper with stamps, practiced some letters, and did this...

First time without any help! (I had been spelling it for him.) He also did this...

Since I realize I may be able to interpret this masterpiece better than anyone still reading this, I'll tell you what Collin told me. Clockwise (beginning at the top right) is a picture of Collin with eyeballs, eyelashes, and hair (yellow). Below that is his belly, belly button, and legs. Then his name again. Bottom left is a bee. Not sure about the top left. Top middle is an airplane. Way to go big boy! You make mommy proud! Now don't ever roll down the steps again like you did tonight. Mommy has never been so scared!

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely precious!!! I love the little "my mommy is an occupational therapist" onesie! Hilarious! Go, Collin, Go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought she was trying to eat her toes the other day when I kept her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't. Stop. Laughing. Katelyn's onesie (and the block-stacking) is cracking me up! Someone call AOTA! Collin's next drawing should be of his Mom screaming and hanging up the phone to catch him rolling down the stairs. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Followers