I wasn't yet blogging when Collin was a baby or when he had his first 3 birthdays. I thought I would dedicate a post to him and all that he's been up to at age 3. So, here you go. 25 things about my sweet boy, Collin David.
1. Collin turned 3 years old on February 3, 2010. He had a Buzz Lightyear birthday party. Mommy and Daddy gave him a Woody the Cowboy doll to go with his Buzz Lightyear. We also gave him a new toybox to hold all of his new toys!
2. At his 3 year old checkup, he weighed in at 32 3/4 lbs (25-50%ile) and was 40 inches tall (90-97%ile). His BMI was in the 3-10% range which is underweight, but the doctor wasn't concerned as he's always been really tall and skinny.
3. He passed his vision test with flying colors. They said they couldn't get accurate results with many 3 year olds but that his was perfect.
4. He loves being a big brother and a mommy's little helper.
5. His current favorite TV shows are Little Einsteins, Backyardigans, Scooby Doo, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Wonder Pets, and Chuggington.
6. His favorite movies are Toy Story/Toy Story 2, Cars, Franklin and the Green Knight, Wall-E, Jonah: A Veggie Tales Movie, Pooh's Heffalump Movie, and Finding Nemo.
7. His favorite foods and snacks are waffles, pancakes, muffins, bacon, ham, rice cakes, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, applesauce, raisins, goldfish crackers, chips, cereal, pineapple, strawberries, bananas, mandarin oranges, peaches, granola bars, cereal bars, hot dogs, tacos, quesadillas, macaroni and cheese, crackers, fruit snacks, and marshmallows.
8. He will pretty much eat any kind of meat: bacon, ham, chicken, ground beef, pork chops, sausage, hot dogs, and even steak.
9. He drinks milk at mealtimes and bedtime. He has 1 cup of juice a day. He drinks a yogurt smoothie every morning. He calls them "yogurt shake its".
10. He takes a multivitamin every day.
11. He goes to sleep at night on his own (despite the fact that we did not sleep train him until he was 18 months old). We did not let him cry it out. We used the "no cry sleep solution". He sleeps from 830-7ish.
12. His bedtime routine consists of a cup of milk, reading 2 books in his chair, and hugs/kisses. He falls asleep listening to classical music.
13. He has a 2 hour "rest time" from 2-4 each day. He used to nap during this time, but I can't remember the last time he fell asleep.
14. He can undress/dress himself, including snaps and zippers. He still needs help with buttons.
15. He is potty trained during the day. He wears a pull up at night.
16. He can ride a tricycle.
17. He can also drive his Power Wheels F150 exceptionally well. He can even park it in the garage without hitting Mommy's car.
18. He loves to play outside. His favorite outdoor activities are his tricycle, his truck, sand, bubbles, chalk, swinging, sliding, and golf.
19. He has some mild sensory issues that we are working through.
20. He walks on the insides of his feet and on his toes. He has inserts in his tennis shoes in attempt to correct this.
21. His favorite toys are his Buzz Lightyear and Woody, race cars, trains, computer, Wall-E, legos, transformers, etch-a-sketch, Cars Movie cars, helicopters, trucks, and airplanes.
22. He also loves to paint, color with markers, play with play doh, and play with moon sand.
23. He can write his name pretty legibly. He still needs a little help with the "n".
24. He can draw a circle, cross, square, and triangle and is starting to write capital letters. He can write a C, E, F, D, P, and B. He is also learning letter sounds.
25. He is a mommy's boy through and through. I hope he always will be.
Who Are You Seeking Approval From?
1 day ago