Wherever you go, I'll go there too. Here and there and everywhere, and always with you. ~Sandra Boynton

Monday, January 3, 2011

11 in 2011

I'm really not one to make a New Years resolution. I usually don't make one at all. This year, however, I think I have a few, or 11. I don't really feel the pressure that I think accompanies some resolutions. I'm just making a few goals to make this year even better than the last.

1. I will drink more water. As soon as Katelyn stopped nursing, I think I forgot what water was, because I was so excited to be drinking other things (mainly sweet tea and Starbucks).

2. I will walk the dog more. This was going really well until daylight savings time ended. And it got cold.

3. We will eat healthier dinners. This will not be hard if we're comparing to how we ate over the holidays.

4. I will read more. This will not be hard either. If I read more than 1 book this year, I've done it.

5. I will read to the kids more. I've already added reading into Katelyn's nap time routine since taking away that midday bottle feeding.

6. I will listen to more Zac Brown Band. Have more date nights. And hang out with my sister and brother-in-law more. What a fun New Years Eve!
7. I will play more. I have done pretty good with this since becoming a stay at home mom 6/7 days a week, but I think I could do even better. Especially when I remember that Collin will be in school every day 8 months from now. I will have plenty of time for cleaning then.

8. I will give more hugs and kisses. Not sure if this one is possible (because of how many I already give out), but I can always try!

9. I will not string lights on a tree this year. It wasn't so bad putting them on, but taking them off was a different story.

10. I will be more consistent with "time out" and do less raising my voice.

11. I will treasure each and every moment that I am lucky enough to be able to be home with my kids. Even the whining, fighting, and messes. Like when Katelyn discovered the Tupperware cabinet lock was broken today.
Happy 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers