Wherever you go, I'll go there too. Here and there and everywhere, and always with you. ~Sandra Boynton

Friday, March 4, 2011

Shots, sensory-isms, shopping, and serious MESSES!

That's what the past 2 days have been all about. Yesterday was Katelyn's 15 month checkup. She checked out pretty good. Her pediatrician was excited that she has started taking steps and saying a few words. Her ears looked GREAT! And her anemia was resolved. She was 22 lbs 7 oz (25-50th %ile) and 30 1/2" tall (also 25-50th %ile). Her head circumference was 49.6 cm (97th + %ile). We have to start working on her being able to point to her body parts and of course giving up that bedtime bottle, but other than that she's on track. Worst part of the visit? Nope, not the shots. Think back to the worst part of her ear tube surgery...that darn pulse oximeter they (tried) to put on her toe. She sat there fairly calmly as the nice lab lady pricked her toe and squeezed (and squeezed and squeezed) until she had enough to do her iron test. But if that wasn't a temper tantrum when she tried to put gauze and a bandaid on the toe, then I don't want to see one. Same thing with the bandaids put on her legs after the shots. What (another) sensory mess!!

So today, we went to the mall since it was raining and we needed to get out of the house. Collin loves to ride the train (and have Chick fil a for lunch), and Katelyn really needed some crocs (I use this term the way lots of people use Coke for a variety of brownish colored soft drinks). (I thought we were ok without them, but I just love being able to slip them on before we go to play outside. And I REALLY love that I can just wash them in the sink when they're dirty. Her little tennis shoes we bought a few weeks ago are already ruined. Mainly because she crawled with them on. On cement.) I got a small glimpse of my future with a daughter while we were at the mall. It's a good thing we were shopping for crocs today, because we were NOT leaving the mall without some!! Another total temper tantrum when she saw the hot pink ones hanging on the rack and I didn't hand them to her RIGHT AWAY! What can I say, the girl loves her shoes.
Not only is she a mess, but she knows how to make them! I mean she is into EVERYTHING! Pantry, tupperware, laundry, drawers, book basket, cabinets, bags...I could go on and on. I really don't remember this stage with Collin. I think because he is a little OCD like me. Everything has its place. Katelyn does not have this trait. It's constantly a disaster around here, because she is always dragging things out. Not even to play with them. Just to take them out. Wednesday, she did something really impressive though. She was dragging things out of my work bag. I had purchased 2 boxes of girl scout cookies at work that day. In less than 1 minute (no joke), she had opened the (unopened) box, pulled the sleeve of thin mints out, and opened the package. Like I've said before, the girl knows (and usually gets) what she wants.And speaking of messes, she sometimes wants to feed herself these days.At least she likes to clean too. Give her a wipe and she's busy for hours (okay, maybe 15 minutes).I find it fitting that she was wearing her Cinderella jammies this night.

2 comments:

  1. Note to self........never leave Katelyn and my Charlie in a room together! Between the two of them, they would destroy the place! Katelyn is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just too cute girl! Love the princess jammies :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers