Wherever you go, I'll go there too. Here and there and everywhere, and always with you. ~Sandra Boynton

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Today was good.

Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one. ~Dr. Suess

Not only was it Dr. Suess' birthday, it was my sweet, sweet niece Campbell's 2nd birthday! Happy Birthday Cam Cam!! We are all looking forward to celebrating with you!

Since the flu is gone, I got to go to work today and the kids got to go to school. I sometimes feel sad that Collin only goes to school one day a week and misses out on some of the fun things his classmates who are there all week get to do. Like yesterday, when they made green eggs and ham. I mean, really. He would have loved that. I sometimes worry they have a hard time being at school only once a week (making friends, adjusting, etc.). Well, today WAS good. Katelyn had a substitute teacher (whom she had never met before) and did not shed a tear when I left. Her teacher said she had a great day. When I picked Collin up today, his teacher told me that he was a very "well behaved child" and that we were "doing a great job with him at home". I didn't ask, she just told. Sweetest. words. ever. Especially since he really hasn't been a "well behaved child" at home the past few days. I guess they are doing just fine. I will continue to savor each and every moment I have with them guilt free!

As we were leaving school, Collin saw another child leaving with a super cool "Cat in the Hat" hat. I decided since he missed "green eggs and ham day" that we should make a hat after dinner. It's not perfect, but he loves it and that's all that matters. Hope you all read to your child(ren) today! (Collin picked One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish and Green Eggs and Ham).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers