Wherever you go, I'll go there too. Here and there and everywhere, and always with you. ~Sandra Boynton

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

We made it!

So everyone, including me, survived our first day back at "school". Despite the fact that I had to sit in a class for 2. 5 hours that should have lasted 45 minutes (based on the material actually taught and learned), it was a pretty good day. Thankfully I had the company of a good friend and coworker to help pass the time (Hi Ali!).

Katelyn didn't sleep all that well, but was happy and had no problems taking her bottle.

Collin did better than surviving. He was a little shy about entering his classroom when I dropped him off. When I showed up to pick him up, he was having snack. I could see him through the window say "Mommy's here." He then proceeded to finish his pretzels and juice. (In case you were wondering, until today, his usual reaction would be to jump up from whatever he was doing and run to me.) I noticed that he was looking at me with a weird expression the whole time. I thought maybe he was just tired. However, as we were walking to the car, he looked up at me and said, "Mommy, I wanted to stay longer." Keep in mind he had been there for almost 8 hours. I didn't know whether to be happy or sad. I still don't. But I know that I am so proud of him.

Off to work again tomorrow! Hopefully it will be a repeat of today. Except maybe Collin will want to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers