Wherever you go, I'll go there too. Here and there and everywhere, and always with you. ~Sandra Boynton

Monday, August 2, 2010

It's that time of year...

I'm sitting here on this Monday morning thinking about how thankful I am to be able to be at home with my little ones most of the time. I'm also thankful that I have one more year with my big boy before he goes to pre-K every weekday. And completely unrelated to the first day of school, but equally important, I'm thankful that Katelyn is still sleeping. She woke up at 5 as usual, but actually went back to sleep after she ate for the first time in over a week.

We had fun this weekend in Fayetteville. Collin spent time with Mimi and Katelyn spent time with Nanna while I was in a course on Thursday. The kids had fun swimming at Gran's pool on Friday, although Collin was whinier (is that a word?) than I have EVER seen him. Thought for sure he was getting sick, but he seems fine now. Saturday we got to check out PaPaw's new restaurant, and then we headed back home to spend time with Daddy the rest of the weekend. I didn't take many pictures this weekend (surprise, surprise!), but I did get a couple of cute videos and one cute pic of Kate relaxing on a float.








I'm definitely dreading tomorrow. Back to school means back to school for Mimi, which means daycare (which I usually call school) for the kiddos while I attend a course (again!). Then on Wednesday, they will begin their once a week (for 6 hours) trip to school while I see a few kids at a clinic near our house. Collin is so excited to play with his friends, so I am not worried about him. This is such a change from this time last year, so I am so happy for him. I am so worried about Katelyn. I'm sure she will do better than me. For some reason, leaving her with strangers (to her, not me thank goodness) in a strange place seems so much worse than leaving her at her own house. So think of us tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. First week back for us, too! How did Katelyn do? E. did great...much better than me! Oh, well. I am excited to have some E. time tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Ellen (I mean El-e-un) needs to see that video of Katelyn laughing!

    ReplyDelete

Followers