Wherever you go, I'll go there too. Here and there and everywhere, and always with you. ~Sandra Boynton

Monday, November 15, 2010

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho

It's off to the ENT we go.

I knew something wasn't quite right when I laid Katelyn down in her bed last night and she did not even so much as whimper when I left the room. When I went back in to check on her, she was running a fever of 104.4. Scared.me.to.death. Especially since she has only one other time had a fever higher than a low grade fever. I moved her away from her bumper pad and uncovered her and it went down to 102. When she woke up a couple of hours later, I gave her Tylenol, changed her into cooler jammies, and put her back to sleep. She ended up in my bed an hour later.

I got her into the doctor as soon as possible this morning. Before the pediatrician even looked in her ears, she was talking about our referral. Well, she was right. After she cleaned out the gobs of wax from both ears, she was able to see the bulging double ear infection once again. Not even 2 weeks after we got rid of it.

So, we've got Augmentin for now, even though the pediatrician wasn't confident it would do anything for her. I guess we just wait until December 2 and hopefully get some answers about how to help her poor little ears.

On a good note, even with her yucky, infected, fluid-filled ears, she discovered a new sound today. She was saying "bababa" all day long. So cute. And a few days ago, she crawled over to me, laid her head on my chest, and (I swear) said "mama". It could have been a muffled "b" sound I guess, but I'm counting it.

And I rarely post without pictures, so here's a cute one of Katelyn and her buddy Ethan from their playdate on Friday. They (and I) had so much fun!
And P.S. I cannot believe this little munchkin is going to be a big 1 year old in 11 days!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe she is almost one! Time flies. I hope you get some answers with the ENT. Ear infections are no fun :( Carson says hi, we miss seeing you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers