Wherever you go, I'll go there too. Here and there and everywhere, and always with you. ~Sandra Boynton

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It's official

Well, it's been a week, so I guess we're officially done. Nursing that is. We had dropped a feeding in attempt to get her to have longer nursing sessions (and because she was pretty much refusing one a day anyway). For about a week, she did great nursing three times and continuing to eat her solid foods like a little piggy. Last Tuesday morning, she nursed well. And that was it. She just completely refused and had no interest whatsoever after that. I offered for every feeding for a week. I have mixed emotions about this abrupt stop. Part of me is sad, because I know that bonding experience is over for me for good. But part of me is thankful for the freedom it brings as well. I think I will have a large slice of chocolate fudge cake and and fully caffeinated Starbucks to celebrate almost making it to her first birthday.

Thankfully Enfamil came out with their Enfagrow Vanilla Toddler Formula for 12-36 month olds (yes, I know she's not 12 months yet. keep reading.) and sent a $12 coupon in the mail just in time. Otherwise I don't know what she would be drinking. She gags on regular formula and only takes a few sips of cow's milk at a time. So although it smells like she is drinking vanilla cake mix, maybe she's getting what she needs, right? Still a little worried she's not getting quite enough. Pediatrician says a minimum of 16 oz per day and she's only taking about 12-14. I think she would just rather eat.

I guess my little girl is growing up. It is so much fun to watch her figure things out. I took some pictures of her a week or so ago while Collin was carving his pumpkin with daddy. She was playing with the refrigerator magnets.

I know this goes in here somehow...
That's not quite right...
Got it!Yay Katelyn!Just another cute one.

1 comment:

  1. She looks so much like Collin all of a sudden! So adorable. Megan and Sarah quit nursing much the same way and it was hard to let them have control, but I had no guilt about making them stop. You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers