Wherever you go, I'll go there too. Here and there and everywhere, and always with you. ~Sandra Boynton

Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Party

Today we celebrated Katelyn's first birthday with family and a few of her closest friends. We were so thankful that almost everyone was able to make it during such a busy time of year. The theme of her first birthday party was cupcakes! I received my Cricut Expression in the mail the week before, so I had lots of fun testing it out making things for the party. Special thanks to Auntie Joy for helping decorate the cupcakes. I think they turned out perfect!Katelyn's CakeParty Favors
The guests started arriving...
(my sweet niece Campbell)
so I figured I better go and wake Katelyn from her nap. I had a hard time getting her down this morning, and I knew she wouldn't make it through her party without a nap. So Grammie rocked her for over an hour while she slept. I was hoping to catch a picture of her still sleeping but she woke up as soon as the flash popped up on my camera. All dressed up and ready for the party.
First, we ate a yummy lunch. She had chicken fingers, chicken fajitas, and some yogurt. She wasn't too interested in opening her presents this year, so she got some help from Mommy, big brother, and cousin Carter.When we first put her in her highchair and started singing, she wanted nothing to do with it. I had to take her in her room for a minute to calm down. We tried again and she decided it wasn't so bad.I have to admit, I thought she would get much more messy than she did. She was very dainty at first and just wanted to pick the little sprinkles off. Then she got a little more into it.And when she was done, she was done!Not sure if it was all the sugar or what, but even as tired as she was, she wouldn't take an afternoon nap after the party. Thankfully, she had some new toys to entertain her until bathtime! Thanks to everyone who celebrated with us and made her day special!

3 comments:

  1. We had a GREAT time, Kristen! Way to go on the cupcakes, decorations, and everything! You and Mike did an awesome job. Ethan now has a favorite food...fajitas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious!!! Hard to believe your baby is one!

    ReplyDelete

Followers