Wherever you go, I'll go there too. Here and there and everywhere, and always with you. ~Sandra Boynton

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ch Ch Ch Changes

Why does it always seem like for days I have nothing to post and then all of a sudden I'm writing a novel? It just sometimes feels like everything happens at once. Both Collin and Katelyn have been very busy the past week.

First of all, Katelyn got to ride in the shopping cart for the first time. For those who don't know, she refuses to ride in her car seat/carrier in the grocery store. So I have been either carrying her or wearing her in the moby wrap or baby bjorn every week. She was starting to get really heavy (especially when I'm pushing a cart at the same time...sometimes one handedly). So we decided to give it a try. It went well. She laughed for the first 5 minutes (after she got done looking at me like this).

When we went to the mall to buy our Toy Story 3 tickets in advance, Collin rode the merry go round by himself for the first time. Katelyn was napping and he really wanted to ride. I was a little nervous, but of course he did fine.

We had a great 4th of July spending time with Kandace, Kelli, Jason, Carter, and Campbell. Here are some pictures from that day.


Water Balloons


Pool Fun

Slip N Slide

Sprinkler Mat


Katelyn took her first ride in the swing...

and Collin loved sparklers!! He was nervous at first, but then he went through 8 packages of them.

We saw a few fireworks from our driveway too.


The next day, the fun continued. Katelyn discovered the "Johnny Jump Up"

and we went mattress shopping for Collin's new BIG boy bed! I really thought he would be in his toddler bed for longer. But he was really starting to outgrow that toddler sized mattress. He kept waking up in the middle of the night. I would hear him on the monitor saying "Mommy, I'm not comfy." He also kept asking to sleep in our bed. So the cute little fire truck bed has been retired already. Here's the new room...

Ready for bed!

And so am I...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers