Wherever you go, I'll go there too. Here and there and everywhere, and always with you. ~Sandra Boynton

Monday, July 26, 2010

8 is Great!

Happy 8 Months Katelyn! We love you sweet girl!

Katelyn turned 8 months old today and decided she should act like it. All of a sudden, her personality is really shining through and it's been so much fun interacting and playing with her. Here are some things I've learned the past couple of days about our 8 month old cuddle bug.


  • She is the speed racer of rolling over. I'm not too sure where she's going, but she's going. Today, I found her under the bed upstairs. Playing peek-a-boo with the bed skirt. (When I say found her, I don't mean she was unsupervised. I was right next to her making hairbows. I looked up from the bow and saw two little legs sticking out. Speed racer, remember.)
  • Because she's become quite the pro at rolling onto her belly, she's tolerating that position much better. Still not for too long, though. However, she does sleep on her belly now. But screams when she wakes up because she's stuck. (She only rolls one direction so far, so she can't flip back over.)
  • She has learned the art of smiling to get what she wants. Or she's just plain happy. Not sure which, but I do know that even when she wakes me up in the wee hours of the morning, it's REALLY hard to be frustrated or upset with her. As soon as she sees me, she flashes that cute, toothless grin from ear to ear, and my heart just melts. I pick her up and snuggle every time like she'll sleep through the night tomorrow.
  • She's a good inventor. She has invented this new game of throwing herself backwards when she's sitting for me to catch her and tickle her. So cute, but what happens when I'm not right behind her??
  • She loves praise. Tonight, she picked up two toys and banged them together just as effortlessly as she could have. Of course I made a huge deal about it, and so she continued to do it over and over and over again.
And here are some things I'm looking forward to in the next month or so.
  • Crawling. Okay, at least getting up on her hands and knees.
  • Teeth! Although I love that cute, toothless grin, the hands, bib, burp cloth, toys, straps, Mommy's shirt, Collin's sippy cup of milk, anything that she can get her hands on, in the mouth is a bit much. Plus, I know she's looking forward to some yummy finger foods soon.
  • Clapping and signing the word "more". Anything will be better than the ear piercing screaming she is doing at the dinner table.
  • And today I really think I heard her say "ma". So anxiously awaiting the duplication of that syllable into that beautiful word, "mama".

1 comment:

Followers